THE GAME HAS ENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There have been some changes again. Please read all of the rules.
Note: Ponytot is hosting 11.0 since he asked first
*sign-ups are closed. The game starts June 6th at 15:00 UTC -0.
1. Everybody chooses a 'name'. It won't have anything to do with your real name or anything, it's just a name that you don't want the kiras to find out. Because if they know your name, they can kill you. It is recommended that you keep your name secret; though you are allowed to tell whoever you want, but they may be working with kira/be kira, and therefore be able to kill you.
2. Everybody is assigned a 'class'. This will determine whether you have any special abilities. All the classes will be explained prior to the game. ALL of them. You have all got your classes.
3. If you think you found out someone's name, I will confirm that it is a legitimate name. I will NOT tell you who's name it is, however.
4. Kira can only write in the death note once a day.
5. Your classes are not necessarily a secret. You can tell everybody what class you are if you want. But you could also lie about it. So there's no guaranteeing someone's telling the truth.
6. There will be multiple "L"s, and multiple "Kira"s.
7. L's and Kira's can deliver messages via me. It must be PM'd or messaged to me. A Kira or an L may contact me via PR2 if they want, so the people who visit my profile may not be a kira or an L. My PR2 name is "theblueberryman".
8. L can post 1 message a day.
9. Kira may post 1 message a day.
10. Revivals: You may revive TWO people per week, but they must get 7 votes (in 1 day) to be revived.
11. Invisible mode: though I can't enforce this rule, please do not use it. Please.
12. I will kick inactive players if they don't show any activity for 5 days.
*13. If Kira dies, his/her accomplice becomes the new Kira. The new kira can NOT make another accomplice. In order to do that, the Kira must contact me saying "I nominate <accomplices's user name> as my accomplice", and then the accomplice must contact me saying "I agree to become <kira's user name> accomplice". Note that this implies one thing: the Kira and the accomplice must know each other's identities, since they must tell me each other's usernames in order for me to accept the accompliceship. The (new) kira can choose not to accept though, and if they want, tell someone that person is kira.
14. I am a shinigami. I cannot be executed.
15. I won't confirm classes for alive players. I will, however, confirm classes for dead players -- and I won't allow such things as "losing Kira-ship in order to look like a detective". I will announce the class of every player who dies.
16. Dead men tell no tales.
17. If 2 kiras accidentally kill one person on the same day, the kira who killed him second wasted his kill for the day.
18. I will not tell kira's who other kira's are, and the same thing goes with L's.
19. There are only going to be 35 players playing.
20. To execute someone, you do not have to use a name, just vote them. It takes 3 votes to execute someone.
21. Kira gets 2 eyes a week. Kira gets more eyes the next sunday. Eyes can stack up.
22. You may contact kira anonymously, but they cannot respond to you (unless you post your name in the message and they PM you or something)
23. L's can contact each other anonymously.
24. You may vote out 1 person a day
25. Powers reset sunday 00:00 UTC -0.
If Kira knows your assign 'name', he can write it in his death note and kill you.
Ok, so as you know, everybody has is a class. Most people's class is Detective. However, there are a couple of special classes. One of these classes is obviously Kira, and another is obviously L. Another class is a "theif". They may ask for one player's name once every week (their power comes back every sunday). They do NOT get that player's class. There is also a class called "ninja". They cannot be killed by kira, but CAN be voted out by people. If kira tries to kill a ninja, I will tell them they are a ninja and you can't kill him. Another class is Watari. They can contact L once a week. L can contact them back, and the watari can also post as L once a week. (watari class suggested by PR2GoldenLeaf). The last "special" class is criminal. If for any reason, a person is to get banned from JV, they are a criminal, and I reveal their name. I will NOT reveal their class, though.
also there are 2 L's and 3 kira's
For those who don't know, Kira has a notebook called the Death Note. This book has the power to kill anybody whose name is written in it. They also need to have seen the person's face before, but that's irrelevant for this game, because we're going to assume that everybody has at one time seen everybody else's face.
The day before the game starts, classes will be chosen. It starts Thursday, June 7th.
Please let me reserve a post for the player list guys. Thanks in advance.