Thread: A question

Default A question

Is it possible to run one CPU client and one GPU client at the same time?
    I will maybe get a new laptop. ASUS X53SM, how much PPD do you think it'll have?
    Formerly known as iFire...

Yes, you can certainly run one of each client. I'd guess between 3k and 4k ppd on that laptop, but don't hold me to it.

"We accept the love we think we deserve"

3-4k with both clients running? And will it cause lag?

I would estimate it at about 4-5k ppd, running smp and gpu, if you dont want lag, you could set it to 90% or something like that and it would reduce your ppd, but less lag.

Hench

yea you can run 2. It might cause lag, try it and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by V15H4L View Post
    Y is your sig noot avaliable
    are you not entertained?

Like the others said, about 3,000 PPD. Not a bad folder, but it may lag.
    (Something funny, interesting, or even mildly entertaining should go here, but I can't think of anything at this particular moment.)

Can I fold with 2 GPU's? (Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000 and nVidia Geforce 630M 2GB DDR3 SDRAM if that matter) at the same time? (I know, IHG 2000/3000 is integrated)

Quote Originally Posted by iFire View Post
    Can I fold with 2 GPU's? (Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000 and nVidia Geforce 630M 2GB DDR3 SDRAM if that matter) at the same time? (I know, IHG 2000/3000 is integrated)
    I'm pretty sure you can. I don't have two GPUs so I can't try it out, but this is what I would try:
    Go to "Configure" and click the "Slots" tab.
    Click the "Add" button. Select GPU.
    If leaving the GPU index at -1 (default - auto selects) doesn't work, I'd try setting it to 1. (the 2nd GPU you have) [[or 0 if 1 is the same as what auto-select chooses]
    You can call me W.

the intel one is integrated, and you can only fold on nvidia or ati
    you cant fold on integrated gpu's
    and i dont think you can use both of them at the same time.

Hench

Can I use 3 cores for folding, and one for browsing, and the nVidia GPU for folding, and the integrated for browsing?

Quote Originally Posted by iFire View Post
    Can I use 3 cores for folding, and one for browsing, and the nVidia GPU for folding, and the integrated for browsing?
    To use only some cores on your CPU, I think there are two options:
    1) Change the settings for the CPU slot to use only a certain number of threads. (It says it should be a multiple of two, so for you I'd set it to 2 if you have 4 cores and want one available all the time.) [One thread can't be running on two cores at the same time]
    2) Go to task manager, find the folding process. Right-click and choose "Set Affinity". Self-explanatory pop-up will appear.

As for the GPU thing I have no idea.
    You can call me W.

Fold on Intel HD graphics? No no no. You couldn't possibly get worse performance then that. Folding on that would be a waste of life.
    How ever, as for the SMP and GPU see Suupers posts since he already explained it..