Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Platform Racing 2 Hat Guide

Default Platform Racing 2 Hat Guide

This thread is now in the description of Newby Train!
    This thread was "stickied" on December 5th, 2012 by VforVendetta!

You guys rock! Thanks so much for your support!

Friends having trouble getting a hat? See someone in chat asking how to get a hat? No Problem! Share this thread with your friends with ease!

http://bit.ly/pr2hats

It works!

Also, if any of the wording is weird or you have something you want added, please, don’t hesitate to PM me here!

So, without further ado... it has come to my attention that people might not know what certain hats are, when new to the game. This guide will teach you how to get those hats, what they do, and even a nifty Picture!

Please do not respond something like "Thanks, Captain Obvious"; if you are new this is for you.

Please note, there is no other way to get these hats. If someone offers you a Hat through a PM, or makes a Level asking you to send them your Username and Password, do not fall for it. It is a Scam. Report the PM or Level to a Staff Member Immediately.

The Hats and What they do!

kong_hat.png Kong Hat: Increases your EXP Gain by 25% at the end of a level!

exp_hat.png EXP Hat: Increases your EXP Gain by 100% (Doubles it) at the end of the level!

Propeller Hat: Hold up while falling for slower falling!

santa_hat.png Santa Hat: Blocks below you turn to Slippery Blocks! Doesn't include arrow, crumble, move, or vanish blocks... Update March 9, 2013: There seems to be a glitch to let you freeze all of the blocks now! More information here!

crown_hat.png Crown Hat: Makes you immune to lasers, mines and swords!

cowboy_hat.png Cowboy Hat: You can fly, and your stats become 100, 100, 100 until you use a speed burst, bump a smiley or sad block, or hit a mine!

party_hat.png Party Hat: Makes you immune to lightning!

top_hat.png Top Hat: You can go through vanish blocks from the sides or the bottom!

js_hat.png Jump Start Hat: Skip the countdown clock at the beginning of the race (the "3, 2, 1, Go!")! Also, if you pick it up during a race, it gives you a speed burst!

moon_hat.png Moon Hat: Finish a race in more than 1:30 to receive LUX in Jiggmin's game, Luna, if your PR2 and Luna accounts are linked.

thief_hat.png Thief Hat: Pick up a knocked off thief hat to steal another player’s hat! (Their hat becomes the thief hat)

Jigg Hat: Jump on people to slow them to a crawl, and to jump extra high from the momentum!

How to Get the Hats

Kong Hat: Hit the little button next to Level Editor on the left, that says "Get a free hat at Kongregate.com!" Log into your Platform Racing 2 account, and receive the Kong Hat!

EXP Hat: Win it randomly in races with 2-4 people!

Propeller Hat: Finish Hat Factory (This level is the last in campaign on a random server; switch between servers until you find this level as the last campaign level) by Jiggmin, or Finish Volcanic Inferno (This level is last in Campaign on a random server; switch between servers until you find it) by Pounce, with any number of players. Note: You must be Rank 15 or Higher to obtain this hat.

Santa Hat: Win it randomly in races with 2-4 people! Note: Playing in races with 4 people increases your chances of getting this hat.

Crown Hat: Earn a total of 5,000 points on Folding@Home. What is Folding@Home you ask? Click Here to find out! Note: It may take up to 2-3 days to get the crown hat.

Cowboy Hat: Earn a total of 100,000 points on Folding@Home (see how to get the Crown Hat if you don’t know what Folding@Home is). Note: It may take up to 2-3 days to get the cowboy hat.

Party Hat: Log into your Platform Racing 2 account on New Year’s Eve or Day! It can also be won randomly in races with 2-4 people, but it is much rarer than the EXP or Santa Hat.

Top Hat: Click Here, and then Here! Win the level: The Golden Compass (by -Shadowfax-). This is the Guardian of the Top Hat!

Jump Start Hat: Click Here then Here, then after that, Click Here! On January 30, 2012, Jiggmin awarded the hat to every Platform Racing 2 Player in existence, for "Breaking the Top 100". If you created an account, or had an existing account and logged in, you would have recieved this hat, free (as you would get the Kongregate Hat logging in on kongregate.com)! Now, the Jump Start Hat is available to be won randomly during a Happy Hour in races with 3 or 4 people! For more information on Happy Hours, Click Here, then Here!

Moon Hat: On July 10th, 2012, Jiggmin announced "The Luna Campaign", to advertise his [at the time] new space-themed game called Luna, which can be found here. If you sent him a level, or he played your level on a LiveStream, you were awarded with the hat! The Luna Campaign is out, and the Hat is available to be won on: Redemption (by cooldude90), with 4 players, on a random server (switch between servers until you find this level as the last campaign level). This is the last level of the Luna Campaign and the Guardian of the Moon Hat! Note: You must be rank 15 or higher to play this level.

Thief Hat: On September 18th, 2012, Hipponator announced his idea of the User’s Choice Campaign, which he called the "Timeline campaign". His thread where he announced it can be found here. JV liked the idea so much, they voted on this idea being the theme for the User’s Choice Campaign! The last level in this campaign is Apocalypse by Divinity. You can win it with any number of players on a random server (switch between servers until you find this level as the last campaign level). This level is the Guardian of the Timeline Campaign! Note: You must be rank 15 to play this level.

Jigg Hat: On December 15th, 2012, Tommy 8 posted his idea of the Jigg Hat in the Motley Monday section. On February 5th, 2013, Jiggmin released the Jigg Hat (with major mystery on how to get) in Motley Monday ep. 10 - Changelog about Changelogs (see the video here). More info on Motley Monday can be found here. PR2 and JV went wild for almost 2 days trying to figure out how to get it, when it was discovered that you must search the user Zephir and play his level Buto (EXACT), only there is a catch. The hat doesn’t show up as a winnable prize at the beginning of the race; you must wait in a certain place in the level when 0:43 is remaining for the hat to start falling, as if it was knocked off a player. A picture can be found here of the hat in midair. It literally just starts falling out of nowhere right at 0:43 remaining, so be on your toes! Also, you can win it if you complete a level first when you steal someone else’s Jigg Hat.

And now a list of what hats are available to be won at the moment:

Released and Obtainable

• Kong Hat
    • EXP Hat
    • Propeller Hat
    • Santa Hat
    • Crown Hat
    • Cowboy Hat
    • Party Hat
    • Top Hat
    • Jump Start Hat
    • Moon Hat
    • Thief Hat
    • Jigg Hat

If you have a video on how to win all hats (and a demo of the hats), then I will happily put the video here!

12 Hats, all released and available to be obtained! If you have 12 hats, you’re on top of the game! I will constantly update this thread. So… what do you do if there are new hats? Come see this thread!

Related Links

Got a cool link you think I should put in here? Just send me a VM.

Update History

• Creation of the Thread - August 4, 2011
    • Hat Information - August 4, 2011
    • Updating Cowboy Hat Information - August 5, 2011
    • Updating Top Hat Information - September 7, 2011
    • Making things pretty; Updating Information - January 5, 2012
    • Adding Jump Start Hat information - January 19, 2012
    • Updating Jump Start Hat information - January 19, 2012
    • Updating Jump Start Hat information - January 19, 2012
    • Updating Jump Start Hat information - January 22, 2012
    • Updating Top Hat information - January 22, 2012
    • Updating the Thread According to the Jump Start Hat's Release - January 30, 2012
    • Updating Jump Start Hat Information - April 30, 2012
    • Adding New Section (Which hats you are able and unable to win at the current time) - April 30, 2012
    • Jump Start Hat Update According to the Announce of PR2 Happy Hour - May 6, 2012
    • Happy Hour Information Update - May 20, 2012
    • Formatting/Jump Start Hat Update/ZXD's Thread Link/Happy Hours Update - May 31, 2012
    • Bottom Section Formatting Update/Jump Start Hat Update/ZXD's Thread Link/Happy Hours Update - May 31, 2012
    • Wording Update/Jump Start Hat Update - June 4, 2012
    • Adding information about Moon Hat. More coming soon, as I am operating from an iPhone. - August 31, 2012
    • Moon Hat Information Update/Adding Picture - September 1, 2012
    • Moon Hat/Crown Information Update and Formatting Update - September 2, 2012
    • Formatting Update/Moon/Kong/Propeller Hats Update - September 11, 2012
    • Construction - September 17, 2012
    • Restoring Thread - September 22, 2012
    • Fixing Links and Updating Moon Hat Information - September 22, 2012
    • Adding Video - September 22, 2012
    • Adding Thief Hat, Updating Server Info. on Prop. and Moon Hats, Fixing Typos, Formatting – December 9, 2012
    • Updating Error – January 17, 2013
    • Adding Jigg Hat, Editing Wording, Formatting, Adding Contact Me, Sticky Announcement – February 6, 2013
    • Adding Information about the Creator of the Jigg Hat, Fixing Date Issue – February 18, 2013
    • Deleting Redundancy – February 19, 2013
    • Link Fixes in Jump Start Hat and Top Hat, Updating Jump Start Hat Information – February 22, 2013
    • Updating how to get EXP/Prop./Santa/Crown/Cowboy/Moon/Thief Hats, Updating Santa's Powers – March 9, 2013
    • Adding Related Links – March 15, 2013
    • Updating Related Links - March 16, 2013
    • Fixing Formatting Error - March 17, 2013
    • Updating Shortcut Link - November 13, 2013

Note: All Dates Based on EST. Could have been a different date when where you are.
    Legend has it there is a secret artifact filled with 11,111 EXP, which you can wear on your head!

New section coming here soon. It simply can't be finished in a day, so mods, please don't delete. Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bls1999~ For This Useful Post:

New section coming here soon. It simply can't be finished in a day, so mods, please don't delete. Thanks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bls1999~ For This Useful Post:

Um... pal, I think you made a double thread by accident.
    And I think someone made a similar thread. :/

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AC25 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AC25 View Post
    Um... pal, I think you made a double thread by accident.
    And I think someone made a similar thread. :/
    Yep
    POP

I guess it could be helpful for some people

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heaton. For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bls1999 View Post
    So it has come to my attention that people might not know what certain hats are, when new to the game. This guide will teach you how to get those hats, what they do, and even a nifty Picture!

Please do not respond something like "Thanks, Captain Obvious"; if you are new this is for you. So, without Further ado, let's meet the hats!

Attachment 24465 Kong Hat: Increases your EXP Gain by 25% at the end of a level!

Attachment 24466 EXP Hat: Increases your EXP Gain by 100% (Doubles it) at the end of the level!

Propeller Hat: Hold up while falling for slower falling!

Santa Hat: Blocks below you turn to Slippery Blocks! Doesn't include arrow blocks or Vanish Blocks...

Crown Hat: Makes you immune to lasers and swords!

Cowboy Hat: You can fly!!!!

Party Hat: Makes you immune to lightning!

Top Hat: You can go through vanish blocks!

Folding@Home Hat: Unreleased. Hat's abilities and exact name are unknown.

And now how to get the hats...

Kong Hat: Hit the little button next to Level Editor on the left, that says "Get a free hat at Kongregate.com!" Log into your Platform Racing 2 account on Kongregate, and viola! There it is!

EXP Hat: Won Randomly in Races with 2-4 people.

Propeller Hat: Win at Hat Factory with any number of players (This level is the last in campaign on the servers Carina, Fitz, Promie, and Andres), or Finish Volcanic Inferno with 4 Players (This level is last in Campaign on all of the other servers.). Note: You must be Rank 15 or Higher to obtain this hat.

Santa Hat: Won Randomly in Races with 2-4 people. Note: Playing with 4 people increases your chances of getting this hat.

Crown Hat: Get 5,000 Points in Folding@Home. What's Folding@Home? Click Here!

Cowboy Hat: Get 100,000 Points in Folding@Home. What's Folding@Home? Click Here!

Party Hat: Sign into your Platform Racing 2 account on New Year's Eve, or New Year's Day! If you are in the middle of August and reading this, and don't want to wait for January 1, it is also won randomly, but is much rarer than the Santa or EXP Hats.

Top Hat: Click Here and Here!

Folding@Home Hat: Click Here then Here! Non-released, but Jiggmin will award the hat to every Platform Racing 2 Player in existence.

8 Released, and 1 Unreleased hat. If you have 8 hats currently, you're on top of the game! I will update this thread constantly. New hats: This thread.

More Pictures Coming Soon!
    You're a little vague, but pretty good all around. Here's what I think you should add...

Crown: you're also immune to bombs
    Cowboy hat: it also increases your stats to 100 speed and accel until u either hit a bomb, use speed burst, or hit a smiley.
    Top Hat: You Can't go through vanish blocks from the top, only the sides and bottom.
    Prop Hat: you need 4 players in ALL servers to win it (also on hat factory, I just tested it)

other than that, you've made some good edits! Thanks!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aventador For This Useful Post:

Nice guide, but already made.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks for the extra guide, just in case... Important things always need a back-up... Or at least a sticky ;D
    TheBackgroundCharacter

When life gives you lemons,

Tell him Fera still wants his $12 bucks back.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fera.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fera. For This Useful Post:

dude i made this already and besides my hat guide is better

Ultimate Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Hero View Post
    dude i made this already and besides my hat guide is better
    not really
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/ihx46ZP.jpg target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/ihx46ZP.jpg</a>

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suck For This Useful Post:

i kinda did so shut up

Ultimate Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Hero View Post
    i kinda did so shut up
    yeah? no T.T
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/ihx46ZP.jpg target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/ihx46ZP.jpg</a>

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Suck For This Useful Post:

um ya so go away

Quote Originally Posted by 1bls64 View Post
    Kong Hat: Hit the little button next to Level Editor on the left, that says "Get a free hat at Kongregate.com!" Log into your Platform Racing 2 account on Kongregate, and viola! There it is!
    Isn't it supposed to be voila? Or you can edit it to violin.
    I don't have a sick nature
    okay... maybe now I do have a sick nature

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Verdusk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LeoGautama View Post
    Isn't it supposed to be voila? Or you can edit it to violin.
    Last edited by usb hub; 16th November 2011 at 09:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Bls you dont need 4 players to win a propeller hat... on Hat Factory...

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast