Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Conspiracy Theories

MissingNo. Pokemon are actually error handlers, seen in Red/Blue. Encountering one is the result of three computing events. The first is the game's random battle encounter system: each area assigns values to Pokemon in a data buffer, which the game accesses for the player's encounters with wild Pokemon. However, no values are assigned to this buffer on the east coast of the Cinnabar and Seafoam Island locations—the information from the previously visited area is used instead.[7] The second factor is the in-game tutorial, which temporarily stores the player's name in the data buffer. This causes the game to access the hexadecimal values of the player's name for Pokemon encounters at Cinnabar and Seafoam Island. The third factor is the game's error handling system; if the game selects a value from the data buffer that is not an existing Pokemon, a subroutine is triggered that causes the appearance of a Pokemon named MissingNo., short for "Missing Number".

F@H Thingeh. -->

bump for alakazam

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy 8 View Post
    MissingNo. Pokemon are actually error handlers, seen in Red/Blue. Encountering one is the result of three computing events. The first is the game's random battle encounter system: each area assigns values to Pokemon in a data buffer, which the game accesses for the player's encounters with wild Pokemon. However, no values are assigned to this buffer on the east coast of the Cinnabar and Seafoam Island locations—the information from the previously visited area is used instead.[7] The second factor is the in-game tutorial, which temporarily stores the player's name in the data buffer. This causes the game to access the hexadecimal values of the player's name for Pokemon encounters at Cinnabar and Seafoam Island. The third factor is the game's error handling system; if the game selects a value from the data buffer that is not an existing Pokemon, a subroutine is triggered that causes the appearance of a Pokemon named MissingNo., short for "Missing Number".
    Nice copy-paste.
    http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Alnino6/PandasSignaturePictureforJV.png

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
    A.
    A.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gοd View Post
    Nice copy-paste.
    Nice complaint.

Articuno

Zapdos

Moltres

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jiggmin.com/entries/82573 For This Useful Post:

im all about that bass rad 'n' glad's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollGuy33 View Post
    Pokemon Black and White introduces a new game environment, a bustling metropolis based on New York City. That's not just us saying that: "[D]irector Junichi Masuda revealed that Unova (Isshu) was modeled after New York City; the games' Castelia City takes the place of Lower Manhattan and the Sky Arrow Bridge serves as a stand in for the Brooklyn Bridge."

Neat, huh? Let's take a look at the map! So there's the Brooklyn Bridge, and there's Central Park, and there's Manhattan, and right below is ...

Attachment 26472

Oh.

Oh, dear.

So, how does Pokemon choose to depict the sensitive, emotionally charged setting of Ground Zero, a literal scar on our greatest city, left by our nation's most profound contemporary tragedy?

Attachment 26473

Obviously, they can't say the devastation was caused by terrorists. So they concocted a story about a falling meteor -- an object of unspeakable power that was quarantined by the government and is now being coveted by Team Plasma. Even weirder, another meteor dropped this Pokemon near the city.

Attachment 26474

Why do we bring him up? Take a look at his Wiki article. His official height is given as 9 feet 11 inches.

So, hey kids, gotta catch 'em all! Especially that new, super-rare Pokemon that is both the very embodiment of and directly responsible for 9/11.

-----------------------------------------
    Got it off a site.
    You can also notice that the crater Kyurem was born from is actually diagonally faced the same (In direction, like grids or lines) as the Unova/Isshu Desert. Funny eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Articuno

Zapdos

Moltres

So then its...

Articone

Zaptwo

Molthree

Could be something about Pokemon...
    no treble

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Articuno

Zapdos

Moltres
    That was intentional, so therefore, not a theory.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stryker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heliοn View Post

Notice something on Alakazam's head?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliοn View Post
    I don't think that's considered a conspiracy... the same could be said about Jirachi while he's upside down.

im all about that bass rad 'n' glad's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    If you play the "Gotta catch em all!" part in Pokerap, you can hear "I love Satan!" lol

bump hump dumb rump
    no treble

profile pic makes sense? PrinC3W's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker X7 View Post
    9) Subliminal Messaging

This is an overview map of the Goldenrod City Gym in Pokemon G/S/C. See anything Pokemon-like?
    it was supposed to be like that
    Quote Originally Posted by VforVendetta View Post
    I think that anyone who has watched my Youtube videos has experienced a secret romantic crush.
    Oh god no.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PrinC3W For This Useful Post:

profile pic makes sense? PrinC3W's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    nice copy pasta, btw
    Quote Originally Posted by VforVendetta View Post
    I think that anyone who has watched my Youtube videos has experienced a secret romantic crush.
    Oh god no.

1 is... plausible...

I believe 2, 3 and 4.

7 is interesting.

8 is obviously true, and intended.

9 is cool.

10 is false.

11 is great. I love this theory.

18 is true.

23... What?

Anymore theories?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitromonkeh View Post
    Anymore theories?
    Couldn't find any at the moment.

NICE_MEME ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    It's a shame that lots of these images do not display. It would be nice if they could be fixed! ^^
    NICE_MEME ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My mind just got seriously ****ed. I read all of those, and have considered every word...

Crazy stuff... Thanks for these theories, man! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by animebubble View Post
    how the holy monkeys do you guys derail so quick

It's been a little while since there's been a new theory on here, so...

Been following this thread for a few months, even though I JUST joined the site, so I figured I'd do my part! Much thanks to the OP for months of brain-racking, mind-blowing and general entertainment!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrandonMBrownson For This Useful Post:

Another theory I found while wandering around the weird part of the internet

I recently watched the English version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pExn-...eature=related) of the Giovanni event battle in HG/SS and noticed a few extremely noticeable quotes and a mysterious noise.

After Giovanni trembles (literally) from defeat and makes his leave, the normal *walking out cave* sound effect isn't heard, and instead there is this *SPLASH* sound followed by dead silence. As Giovanni's secret hideout was in Tohjo Falls, the entrance was directly next to the rapid waters and he could've committed (or atleast) suicide.

After the *SPLASH* sound, the radio signals in from the Goldenrod Radio Tower Team Rocket members "Where has Giovanni gone? I wonder if he's coming..." As if to give you the assumption that he has forever vanished.

Ethan: "They keep calling their boss. I feel sorry that they don't know he's not coming".
    Giovanni never told Ethan or the protaganist that he won't go to Goldenrod, how did Ethan know?
    Does anyone agree with me that Giovanni might've committed suicide?

Giovanni's actions and backgrounds were much more melodramatic and realistic than (for lets say...) Cyrus (Who wanted to make a new universe without soul). Team Rocket committed actual crimes like burglary, Pokemon slaughter, hostage standoffs, and kidnappings.

Other Alternate Theories Thought Up

1. Giovanni used Waterfall to get out of Tohjo Falls, thats why there was a splash noise.

Reason to disagree: None of Giovanni's Pokemon are capable of using Waterfall, and to get to his hideout, you go through the Kanto entrance. Which has no need for the Waterfall HM.

2. Giovanni dived and swam out.

Reason to disagree: Sharp rocks! High cliffs! Deadly!

3. Gone to a secret island to enjoy his life with John Lennon, Jimmy Hendrix, 2Pac, and Michael Jackson.

Reason to AGREE: OHHH YEAH

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BrandonMBrownson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker X7 View Post
    « « « Pokemon Conspiracy Theories Part I » » »

Remember, this is all speculation... or is it? Discuss.

1) Is Ditto a... failed Mew?

Mew and Ditto both weigh 8.8 lbs.
    They have the same sprite color scheme, with the same shinies.
    They both can learn every move, though in Ditto's case for a certain period.
    They both learn Transform.
    Many Ditto can be found in Cinnabar Mansion where many experiments took place between Mew and Mewtwo.

2) Player kills Blue's (Gary's) Raticate

3) Gengar is Clefable's shadow

The two Pokemon have similar physical features.
    They both have the same hands, ears, feet, and body shape.
    Gengar's species name is the Shadow Pokemon.
    Gengar's name is originated from the word doppelganger, the ghostly double of a person.

4) Cubone, baby Kangaskhan, and M'

When a mother Kangaskhan dies, it leaves its Kangaskhan cub on its own. The Kangaskhan cub uses the skull and a bone from its mother to use as protection and becomes a Cubone. Then through malnutrition or adapting to a different lifestyle, the Cubone evolves into a Marowak. Female Marowak's later evolve into Kangaskhans, and the cycle starts all over.
    This is self evident, as Cubone appears rather similar to the baby Kangaskhan that rides around in it's mother's pouch. Also, 'Bonemerang' (Cubone's signature move) refers to boomerang just as 'Kangaskhan' refers to Kangaroo. Kangaroo and boomerangs are both natively Australian themes.
    Before Pokemon Red/Blue released, the developers decided that Kangaskhan needed to be separated from the previous two stages to become its own standalone Pokemon. The reason for this is that, being a kids game, it wouldn't do to allow small children to learn that a Cubone is actually an orphaned baby Kangaskhan wearing it's dead mother's skull on it's head and slinging it's bones around like clubs and boomerangs. However, the team didn't have time to delete the code at the last minute. Instead of deleting the code, they simply wrote a new non-evolving Marowak and moved the old one to an empty slot... with no number. This catchable Pokemon is M', Missingno's sister.
    M' is actually a scrapped prototype of Marowak. This theory can be confirmed if you catch a M' and level it up, it evolves into a Kangaskhan.

5) Messed up evolution #1

6) Messed up evolution #2

7) Ash's journey was all but a dream
    It's too long to copypasta on here, so here's the link
    http://www.killcure.com/2009/10/02/p...piracy-theory/
    It may be too long to read overall, but it blew my mind away.

8) Look familiar?

The area in real-life Japan where the games' region lines up is also called Kanto.
    Saffron City is located in the same place on this map as Tokyo.
    Goldenrod City is located in the same place as Kyoto.
    Mount Silver is located where the real-life Mount Fuji is.
    Cinnabar Island is located on the island of Izu Oshima. If you recall, Cinnabar Island is destroyed by a volcanic eruption between the first and second generations. Izu Oshima is home to Mount Mihara, which is a volcano.
    Vermillion City is located where the real-life city of Yokohama stands.
    Cianwood City is the only city whose corresponding real-life city is not considered part of Honshu, but rather of Shikoku. It corresponds with the city of Tokushima.

Hoenn is actually turned sideways to fit onto that map. It's on the island of Kyushu.
    The city of Slateport corresponds with the real-life location of Nagasaki.
    Mossdeep City is located on the real-life island of Tanegashima. Just like Mossdeep City is home to the Space Center, so Tanegashima is home to Tanegashima Space Center.
    Sootopolis City is located on the real-life island of Yakushima. Yakushima's biggest mountain is Miyanoura-dake, which may or may not be volcanic. I'll let you know when I find out.
    Evergrande City is located on the real-life island of Amami Oshima, where (I'm not making this up), a species of deadly poisonous snake lives and mongooses are trained to kill them. Sound familiar?

Sinnoh in reality is the island of Hokkaido, which is Japan's largest prefecture. The capital of Hokkaido is Sapporo, which is located in roughly the same location on that map as Jubilife City.
    The port city of Otaru in Hokkaido corresponds with the location of Canalave City. The islands where one can catch Darkrai and Cresselia correspond with the locations of Teuri Island and Yagishiri Island.
    The Pokemon League is located on the island of Kunashiri. Unlike that spot in the game, this island is volcanic.
    Mount Asahi is in the same location on that map as Mount Coronet.

I think we all should know that Unova is based on New York City.

9) Subliminal Messaging

This is an overview map of the Goldenrod City Gym in Pokemon G/S/C. See anything Pokemon-like?

10) You will never be able to unsee this:
    Take a look at Diglett, and look at it’s “nose”. See that little white spot. Yep, that’s actually a tooth.

« « « Pokemon Conspiracy Theories continues in my next post below » » »
    White Hand?
    Lavender Town Theory?
    Buried Alive?

H E L L O
    No Signiture. Bro.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lusiwang For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast